Everyone loves Excel because it supports accurate data capture while offering usage flexibility. Learn how valuable Excel can be to your organization.
It’s one of the most popular software applications available to accounting and tax professionals yet many people do not harness the full power of Excel.
Here are a few ways your company can benefit from Microsoft Excel.
- Easy data manipulation. Excel allows you to manipulate, manage and analyze data so you can make informed decisions.
- Data comparisons. Powerful analytical tools within Microsoft Excel give you the ability to analyze large amounts of data to discover trends and patterns that will influence decisions. Excel’s graphing capabilities allows you to summarize your data, therefore enhancing your ability to organize and structure your data.
- It handles large amounts of data. Excel can handle a ton of data, which puts every piece of financial information at your fingertips. With powerful filtering, sorting and search tools, an accounting professional can easily narrow down the data necessary for decision making. Factor in features like tables, pivot tables and graphs and you can find the information that you want quickly and easily – even if you have hundreds of thousands of data sets.
- Works with other users. With the Excel Web App you can work on spreadsheets simultaneously with other users. This ability to work together enhances your ability to streamline processes, share data sets and collaborate with others. Because the Excel Worksheet is web based, you are no longer tied to your desk, giving you the freedom to work on spreadsheets wherever you are.
- Mobile devices and Excel. You no longer need to lug your laptop to a client meeting – instead, you can use your mobile device such as a smart phone or tablet to work on Excel spreadsheets. You can manipulate data and update your spreadsheets on the Excel Web App and then view the spreadsheets immediately on any device.
There are plenty of valuable features, tools and functions available in Microsoft Excel that can help accounting professionals to perform various tasks in relation to financial accounting and reporting. Take the time to explore the depths of Microsoft Excel to unlock the benefits of this powerful business application.
Discover the Claret Partners Advantage
No matter what your business or the size, tax departments have a significant responsibility – to deliver efficient, credible tax provisions, reporting and compliance. Achieving this goal requires your data, technology, people and process be effectively integrated.
To discuss your tax provision needs, please call 416-406-3337 or contact us to request more information.